Micah’s Residential Recovery Program serves homeless patients who do not meet hospital inpatient criteria, but are too ill to be on the streets. Its purpose is two-fold:
• To reduce recurring emergency room and hospital visits due to illnesses complicated by non-traditional/outdoor housing circumstances.
• To offer alternative accommodations to temporary or terminally ill individuals who would otherwise die or face difficult recovery in outdoor housing circumstances
With the ability to house eight guests on any given day, this program provides a safe, community-based alternative to costly inpatient care. It offers short-term accommodations on a first-come, first-serve basis. Guests receive a nurturing environment for physical and mental recovery and case-managed services that promote individual improvement. Guests also have access to all of Micah’s day services, which assist with additional case management and basic needs—showers, food, clothing, mail service, as well as transportation to and from outpatient and medical follow-up care.
Patients are accepted into respite 24-hours a day. Referrals are accepted only through a medical or mental health facility. Case managers wishing to make a referral should
• Call 540-479-8302
• Complete pre-screening with Micah staff person
• Complete Referral Packet.
• Attach discharge instruction record, other relevant assessments, physical exam and doctor’s order for all medications.
• Fax packet to 540-479-8311